For life-threatening emergencies at any time please dial 9-1-1 immediately.
- 9-1-1 Emergency
The below emergency contacts are free and confidential:
- Online Crisis Chat
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741
- CrisisLink: 703- 527-4077
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255
- Mason Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Line: 703-380-1434
- The Steve Fund (for students of color): Text STEVE to 741741
- Trans Lifeline (for the trans community): 877-565-8860
- TrevorLifeline (for LGBTQ+ students): 866-488-7386
- Veterans’ Crisis Hotline (for Veterans): 800-273-8255, press 1
Beginning July 15, 2020, Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is partnering with ProtoCall Services to provide after-hours crisis services for Mason students. ProtoCall is a crisis hotline staffed by licensed clinicians to provide crisis intervention and referral services from 5:00 pm to 8:30 am Monday to Friday and 24 hours on weekends. Students may call ProtoCall for reasons ranging from anxiety or relationship distress to suicidal ideation or other serious mental health issues.
If you are a student in crisis:
Please call CAPS at 703-993-2380. Between the hours of 8:30am and 5:00pm, you will be connected to the CAPS office. After 5:00pm and on the weekends, you will be directed to “press 1” in order to be connected directly to a ProtoCall crisis counselor.
When the university is open and during our business hours, please call us at:
When the university is closed or it is outside of business hours, please call 703-993-2380, and you will be directed to “press 1” to be connected to ProtoCall Services.
I Am Concerned About a Student
- Text HOME to 741741
- Text STEVE to 741741
- 800-273-8255, Press 1