Welcome to Counseling and Psychological Services
We provide a wide range of free services to students, faculty, and staff. Services are provided by a staff of licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, learning specialists, and a psychiatrist. Our individual and group therapy, workshops, online self-help, and community education programs are designed to enhance students’ personal experience and academic performance.
CAPS at Mason is Here for You:
We recognize that many students at Mason may be impacted by historical and recent events. As a staff, we hold firm to Mason’s values, commitment to campus well-being, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. CAPS staff and the services we offer are here to help students navigate through these times. Please call (703)993-2380 to schedule an appointment or come to our daily walk-in Initial Consultations between 9:00 am to 12:00 pm daily Monday through Friday.
Find Out What’s New at CAPS!
- Connect with CAPS on social media! Follow @caps_gmu on Twitter and Instagram to stay up-to-date with our latest events.
- Click here to read our write-up on tips for responding to a friend in a crisis situation.
- Check out our newest Podcasts and Videos here! Learn more from our very own CAPS Counselors on various topics related to well-being, mental health and more!
- Introducing Therapist Assisted Online (TAO) to the Mason community! This is an interactive, web-based program that provides educational interventions and support for a variety of common mental health concerns.
- Check out our Mind Spa by calling CAPS at 703-993-2380 or sign-up at http://tinyurl.com/masonmindspa.
Pledge of Support
At Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), we recognize that incidents of racism both within our campus community and outside of it can significantly impact the emotional well-being of our community members, particularly people of color. We acknowledge the significant pain that race-related aggression activates and the reality of racial trauma. We understand the ways in which power, privilege, and oppression can inflict hurt onto members of the Mason community.
It is our mission to support members of the Mason community by creating a safe, supportive, affirming and inclusive environment that embraces diversity and honors the intersecting identities of everyone on our campus. CAPS provides a confidential space where students may seek support and process their feelings and reactions. If you would like to connect with a CAPS counselor, we invite you to call or stop by the Fairfax location in SUB I, suite 3129. We are here for you. Your emotions are valid and they matter. You are not alone.
Crisis Text Line
- Text 741-741
- Prevention Lifeline
Veterans Crisis Line
- 800-273-8255, Press 1
Mason Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Line
Counseling and Psychological Services
Student Support and Advocacy Center