What types of professionals provide services at CAPS and are they licensed?

Emergency Contacts


Online Crisis Chat

Crisis Text Line

  • Text HOME to 741741


  • 703-527-4077

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline

  • 988
  • 800-273-8255

Mason Sexual and Intimate Partner Violence Crisis Line

  • 703-380-1434

The Steve Fund (for students of color)

  • Text STEVE to 741741

Trans Lifeline (for the trans community)

  • 877-565-8860

The Trevor Project's TrevorLifeline (for LGBTQ+ students)

  • 866-488-7386

Veterans Crisis Line (for Veterans)

  • 800-273-8255, Press 1

Mason Police

  • 703-993-2810

We are experts in the field of college student mental health including licensed clinical psychologists, social workers, professional counselors, and a psychiatrist. We also serve as an accredited training site for graduate students in counseling or clinical psychology programs. Graduate trainees and license eligible staff are under close supervision by licensed staff members while providing services.